Pupil Premium funding is an allocation of money from the DfE to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals, those looked after by the Local Authority and the children of armed service personnel.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent as they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibilities.
Pupil Premium Allocations
This has, and continues to be used as follows:
- To provide emotional support for vulnerable children through Place2Be and Place2Talk
- To provide intervention and support for underachieving pupils and those with SEN (Special Educational Needs)
- To employ Teaching Assistants, who provide a targeted level of support so our vulnerable pupils can make expected progress
- Access to a school based speech and language therapist with extended support from a TA specialising in speech, language and social communication
- Access to a HSSW for further support for our families
- Access to free milk for all pupils
- Support for attendance at Breakfast Club
The impact of our work was evident in:
- Improved attainment at the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Early identification of speech and language problems, leading to targeted support and progress with support from speech and language therapist
- Most children making good to rapid progress in reading in KS1 (Phonics)
- Minimal number of exclusions due to emotional support through Place2Be
- Children with emotional difficulties maintaining levels or making progress with learning due to emotional support from Place2Be
- Low levels of attendance problems due to HSSW support for families at risk
The money is also used to subsidise educational visits and on-site visitors which enhance the curriculum. All matters regarding the use of Pupil Premium funds are treated with discretion and in confidence.
For more information on Pupil Premium, please visit:
If your child is currently in Nursery and you think we may be able to claim Pupil Premium Funding, please fill in the form below and return to the School Office by Wednesday 24th January 2018 at the latest: